Did you get an iPhone 5 and got an icon on your status bar that you couldn’t understand? Well, worry no more as I am here to share with you a complete guide to the iPhone 5 status bar icons and tell you what each of them means. There are many different icons that can appear on your iPhone 5 Notification Bar (aka Status Bar) and since not all of us have been born experts, we might not know from start what each of these icons means.
Here are the iPhone 5 status bar icons and their meaning:
- Cell signal strength. If there’s no signal, the bars will be replaced with “no signal”
- Airplane mode is on
- Shows that the LTE network of your carrier is available and the iPhone 5 can connect
- Shows that the 4G network of your carrier is available
- Shows that the 3G network of your carrier is available
- Shows that the EDGE network of your carrier is available
- The GPRS or 1xRTT network is available and the iPhone 5 can connect to the internet with it
- The device is connected to the WiFi. The more the bars, the better the signal.
- Do Not Disturb is turned on
- The iPhone is connected to another iPhone providing a personal hotspot
- The device is synching with iTunes
- Shows network activity usually, but some apps might use the same icon to show activity
- Call forwarding is enabled
- You’re connected to a network using a VPN
- Your iPhone 5 is locked
- The phone is set to work with a TTY machine
- An audio file is playing
- The screen is locked in portray orientation mode
- The alarm is set
- Shows that an item is using Location Services
And this is it! Now you know what the status bar icons mean on your iPhone 5 and I really hope that this was very helpful for you!